Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One down, one to go!

One week from today, Chris will defend his dissertation!  This is quite a feat, and worthy of celebration. Over the past several years, he has spent a great deal of time, heart, and energy to write a massive work of 200+ pages. His "big paper," as I like to call it, is called "Higher Education and Knowledge for Nation-State Development: The Role of the World Bank and U.S. Universities in Poverty Reduction." 

To say the least, I am quite proud of him. It has been a pleasure to walk along side him as he has traveled, studied, interviewed, compiled, analyzed, written, and presented. In fact, I have edited every page of his dissertation! Many people say that the dissertation is composed of a lot of research and an even greater amount of blood, sweat, and tears.  I am thankful that this process was intensive and challenging, but certainly not miserable. It has helped me mentally define how I hope the process goes when I reach that point. I have no doubt that it will be more difficult for me, I am incredibly blessed to have such an understanding and helpful husband walk by my side.  

Alas, one PhD down, one to go!

1 comment:

  1. One down and one to go indeed. Can't wait to read your Big Paper next year, Kristy. I will be waiting to hear the good news from the Westside next week.

    Someday I will be ordering a Collins & Collins edited book on globalization and higher education on Amazon.com.

    ReplyDelete